Car Injury Lawyer Bloomington IL
After an Accident, Call a Car Injury Lawyer for Bloomington IL
It’s only natural to have questions after being in a severe car accident. What’s the cause of the collision? How bad is the damage done? Are you injured? And, most importantly, how do you move forward? The big questions are always the most difficult to answer and can leave you grasping for a solution still out of reach. Thankfully, there’s always hope for your situation. A car injury lawyer for Bloomington IL can give you the answers you’re looking for after a severe accident. Most importantly, the Law Office of Damon Young can help you move forward with your life.
At the Law Office of Damon Young, we have experience handling your auto accident claims. From fender benders to drunk driving accidents, we’ve helped families recover after injury or loss. Moreover, we assist our clients in receiving the compensation they deserve from insurers or negligent parties. Together, our team evaluates every perspective of your case to come up with a solution that best fits your needs. Rest assured, when you hire the Law Office of Damon Young, you are getting complete dedication to resolving your claim.
Types of Car Accidents
As you are likely to experience a car accident of some sort in your lifetime, it’s important to know the kinds of accidents you can be in. Knowing what accidents you are most commonly at risk for can help you identify potential causes of them before they occur, and hopefully save you the trouble of calling an attorney.
- Rear-End Collisions
- Always keep an eye on your backside, as other vehicles can tend to ride it too close. Known as tailgating, drivers will drive dangerously close behind you. Any sudden braking you do or absent-mindedness of the driver behind you can be the cause of an accident, and some serious whiplash for you. Do your best to avoid these types of accidents by tapping your brake lights to warn the other driver. Otherwise, you can let them pass if the road will allow for it.
- T-Bone Collisions
- At intersections, you are at risk of incurring a T-bone collision. Such collisions are the result of another driver striking your vehicle on its side. Most commonly, these accidents occur when negligent drivers try to beat red lights or are not paying attention at an intersection. These accidents can be more or less severe depending on what side your car is struck on. To prevent these collisions from occurring, be vigilant at intersections. Even once your light turns green, take an extra moment to make sure no other cars are coming.
- Head-On Collisions
- Perhaps one of the most dangerous types of accidents, head-on collisions can cause you the most potential harm. You are at the highest risk for these accidents while traveling on a two-lane road (two lanes with traffic going in opposite directions). As cars going different directions pass each other, it can be difficult to avoid such a collision in time. The best you can do is be aware of the space around you. Furthermore, if you see vehicles up ahead and they are behaving erratically, slow down and do your best to react to any sudden movements they may make.
Causes of Car Accidents
While negligence and absent-mindedness have already been mentioned as causes for auto collisions, there’s a bit more that goes into the reasoning behind many car accidents. As such, in the capacity of a car injury lawyer for Bloomington IL, the Law Office of Damon Young acts in the interest of solving cases involving:
- Distracted Driving – Whether it’s dealing with children in the backseat or texting on your phone while driving, there is a multitude of reasons a driver may take their eyes off the road. In any case, these are causes for distracted driving, and put other drivers, like yourself, in harm’s way.
- Reckless Driving – Being late for work or an appointment is no excuse for speeding or reckless driving. Our law enforcement officials do their best to stop problematic driving when it occurs, but they can’t always catch everyone. As such, someone else’s ill regard for the rules of the road can mean injury for you.
- Drunk Driving – If under the influence of drugs or alcohol, an individual should never get behind the wheel of a vehicle. However, with their judgment impaired, they may still make this dangerous decision. Ultimately, if you find yourself suffering due to the actions of a drunk driver, call an attorney right away.
Give Us a Call
When you aren’t aware of the next steps to take after an accident, you can trust the go-to car injury lawyer of Bloomington IL to give you a hand. Call the Law Office of Damon Young today to receive a free consultation. You can contact us at 309-316-0550. Also, we are located at 2302 E Oakland, Ste 2, Bloomington, IL 61707.