What Does Workers’ Comp in Peoria IL Mean for You?
For employees dealing with severe injuries from work, workers’ comp in Peoria IL is sometimes the only solution. Such injuries can include broken bones, head injuries, carpal tunnel, occupational sickness and more. However, when an employer refuses to help with your work injury and workers’ compensation, you must take immediate action. With the help of the Law Office of Damon Young, we can get to the bottom of your workers’ comp claim.
Damon Young and his team work diligently to help clients receive maximum compensation for their injury claims. In the case of workers’ compensation, we have experience in negotiating with employers. Throughout Central Illinois, locals have come to count on our straightforward approach to the cases we handle. Don’t fight for your rights alone but allow the Law Office of Damon Young to fight in your stead.
The Workers’ Compensation Process
When attempting to receive workers’ compensation, you must first follow a process. Even after you finish the process and you still don’t receive the compensation you need, that’s when a workers’ compensation lawyer can get involved.
- File Your Claim
- As soon as you are aware of your work injury, you must report it. There is a short window to report a work injury if you wish to receive benefits. The best person to report your injury to is your supervisor. They should make sure your report goes through the proper channels.
- Build Your Case
- If you think there’s any chance your employer may deny your claim, you must start building your case. At this point, a personal injury attorney can be of great help. We can help you gather all proper documentation, medical or otherwise. Additionally, we collect witness testimony and other reports you may not otherwise be able to get yourself.
- Relax or Fight
- If all goes well, and your employer is honest with you, you will begin to receive workers’ compensation like you should. However, if your workplace denies your claim, or won’t pay out enough for your injury, further legal action may be necessary. We will work to reach a settlement with your employer. Otherwise, we will fight for your case in court.
What More Our Lawyers Can Do
Don’t let your fight for workers’ comp in Peoria IL end after denial. The Law Office of Damon Young will assist you with your legal claim, doing everything in our power to ensure you get the most compensation possible. What our law firm does includes:
- Ensuring you meet all deadlines
- Determine what parties can be held responsible for an accident
- Provide you with valuable information about Social Security, unemployment or disability
- Coordinate your benefits, well within the confines of the law
- Represent you in front of big businesses or insurance companies
Call Our Office
Take the next step in ensuring you receive workers’ comp in Peoria IL for your claim by hiring the Law Office of Damon Young. Contact us today at 309-682-3525 to talk about a free consultation. Also, our Peoria office is located at 2613 N Knoxville Ave, Peoria, IL 61604.